Saturday, 5 June 2010

Day 52 Sat 5th June

19 miles from Forth Bridge to Kinross.
Walked under Bridge and up the road to Inverkeithing. Then followed National Cycle Network route for 16 miles to Kinross. Most of it was on single track lanes and where it was on B-roads there was usually a cycle/foot path. At times the path was nearly as wide as the road.



The first half was boring road walking around Dunfermline. On and on. Up and up. After about 8 miles it got more interesting as we climbed up through Blairadam Forest. I saw another pair of buzzards here.
I could see Kinross from about 5 miles away with Loch Leven just beyond.
It was a hot day with little wind and we initially struggled for water until we found a stream and could once again use the Travel Tap
Ironically it started to rain really heavily about 6.00pm and we are still trapped in the tent at 8.00pm as I write this Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment